Wednesday, April 30, 2008

::lesson numero uno::

command what you are worth. after talking with some fellow business people, i learned that I was pricing my stuff WAY to low. i was barely covering my costs in the name of keeping it extremely affordable. i tried really hard to keep my profits low to keep affordability high totally neglecting the fact that my pieces are unique, eco-friendly, and most of them completely one of a kind. ex: my heavy cuff-i should have said in my description, sterling silver inlaid with blood, sweat, and tears. there is no way i'll ever be able to make that the same way again. maybe something with the same concept but nothing close to that. in a day and age where people are paying over 200 dollars for the same pair of cookie cutter jeans, 400 plus for iphones and other pdas, and in a market where gold hit 1000 dollars per troy ounce, i feel like i now priced my pieces accordingly, hopefully something for everyone. command what you are worth.

No comments: